Sunday, September 29, 2013

The beginning of the end

I work at a dance studio as an Office Manager. I have been there since September 2008 and I have loved my job! I started dancing at 2 and 9 months and still take classes. I do wish I did more towards my dancing, but I also wouldn't trade my alma mater, La Salle University, and I do enjoy the business world. So getting this position was the best of both worlds. When hired the schedule was/is evenings and Saturdays. 5 years of working Saturdays!! And today was my last Saturday! YAY! I am down to a 4 day work week. The decision to do that is a post in itself {transitioning to wifey and learning to trust your future hubby}. Why is this the beginning of the end? Well this is going to be my last season at my job. My fiancé and I are moving back to the northeast *insert happy dance* come July 2014. It's crazy because this is like the first step towards finishing this chapter in my life. It wasn't sad and since I spent the day training honestly I don't think it has hit me yet, but one thing that did make it sort of real was one student who asked me, "Are you going to visit us sometimes?" The reason I have stuck around is the kids, they tug at my heart.

My fabulous fiancé did stop by and gave me flowers {even after 8 years he still brings me flower for any occasion} for my last Saturday!

Last Saturday! 


No comments:

Post a Comment